The Internet is vast like the galaxy, and bounding it is next to impossible. The Internet of things has made the use of the Internet even more boundless. Technology has reached the level that today everything is connected via the Internet. The evolution of technology from large supercomputers to chip-sized devices has made it possible to transform normal products such as switches, shoes, pens, etc. into smart devices. We can collect data, analyze, and make predictions according to the data collected from these devices, and visualize this data, we need to develop an IoT dashboard.
IoT Dashboard is one of the critical elements required to establish the connection between smart devices and living beings. The primary purpose to develop an IoT dashboard is to analyze the data collected from smart devices and organize them in a human-readable form. IoT dashboard allows the user to operate, organize, analyze, and manage information in a more straightforward way from anywhere in the world.
What are the requirements to develop an IoT Dashboard?
Before jumping to developing an IoT dashboard, it is essential to understand the requirements of a successful IoT dashboard. Six elements are required to build a successful IoT dashboard: Data Visualization, Data Organisation, Data Storage, Real-Time data collection, Data Analysis, and Data Security.
According to science, the human brain visualizes things more quickly than reading. An IoT dashboard should be developed to effectively help in visualizing every piece of information collected through a device or sensor. The visualized data can be organized more particularly and is easy to understand. Common used data visualization tools are the line chart, pie chart, bar chart, stats, histogram, gauges, and heat maps.
The following primary functionality required in an IoT dashboard is the ability to organize the visualized data in such a way that it is easy to understand. The data organization should be done so that critical, relevant, and unimportant data can be separated accordingly.
An IoT device can generate unlimited amounts of data. Therefore an IoT dashboard should be capable of storing the data collected.
Real-time data collection
The primary purpose of IoT devices is to collect information in real-time. Hence the collection of data in real-time is another vital requirement of a successful IoT dashboard.
Data collected by a smart device is indeed essential, but the bulk data cannot be seen as valuable information. Therefore an IOT dashboard should be capable of analyzing the data and extracting the critical information which can be useful in growth and research.
Data security is one of the biggest concerns faced in the era of technology. A successful IoT dashboard is one that assures the security of data completely without a glitch.
Developing an IoT Dashboard
Perform the following steps before developing an IoT dashboard:
- Make a list of components that you want to be displayed on the IoT dashboard.
- Analyze the data collection and processing.
- Select the protocols.
- Select the type of gateways you will use.
- Create a circular structure that includes devices, variables, alerts, and dashboards.
- Select the device which will be connected to the dashboard. It can be anything capable of collecting information.
- Select the network by which the dashboard and device will be connected.
- Pick up a connection type that can be device to device, device to the gateway, gateway to data systems, or data systems.
- After performing the above steps, the next task to be processed is to know the components of an IoT dashboard. These components may refer to the data you want to display on the dashboard. It includes various data types such as status, map, camera data, temperature, Date, time, graphics, data analysis graph, bar charts, logs, different values for different attributes, etc.
- After building the IoT dashboard, all you need to do is connect it with the device, set up your brand logo, customize the front end, and make it responsive.
Following the above steps, you can successfully design, develop, and launch your own IoT dashboard where all the data that is collected from the connected device will be stored, organized, analyzed, and secured.
We, at PsiBorg, develop customized IoT dashboards along with smart devices as per the client’s requirements.
Also Read:- IOT DASHBOARD DESIGN: WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?