The Internet is vast like the galaxy, and bounding it is next to impossible. The Internet of things has made the use of the Internet even more boundless. The technology has reached the level that today everything is connected via the Internet. The evolution of technology from large supercomputers to chip-sized devices has made it possible to change normal products such as switches, shoes, pens, etc. into smart devices. We can collect data, analyze, and make predictions according to the data collected from these devices. And all this is made possible by the Internet of Things.
IoT Dashboard is one of the critical elements required to establish the connection between smart devices and living beings. The primary purpose of the IoT dashboard is to analyze the data collected from smart devices and organize them in a human-readable form. IoT dashboard allows the user to operate, organize, analyze, and manage information in a more straightforward way from anywhere in the world.
What are the requirements of an IoT Dashboard?
Before jumping on building an IoT dashboard, it is essential to understand the requirements of a successful IoT dashboard. Six elements are required to build a successful IoT dashboard: Data Visualization, Data Organisation, Data Storage, Real-Time data collection, Data Analysis, and Data Security.
- Data Visualization: According to science, the human brain visualizes things more quickly than reading. An IoT dashboard should effectively help in visualizing every information collected through a device or sensor. The visualized data can be organized more particularly and is easy to understand. Common used data visualization tools are the line chart, pie chart, bar chart, stats, histogram, gauges, and heat maps.
- Data Organisation: The following primary functionality required in an IoT dashboard is the ability to organize the visualized data in such a way that it is easy to understand. The data organization should be done so that critical, relevant, and unimportant data can be separated accordingly.
- Data Storage: An IoT device can generate unlimited amounts of data. Therefore an IoT dashboard should be capable of storing the data collected.
- Real-Time data collection: The primary purpose of IoT devices is to collect information in real-time. Hence the collection of data in real-time is another vital requirement of a successful IoT dashboard.
- Data Analysis: Data collected by a smart device is indeed essential, but the bulk data cannot be seen as valuable information. Therefore an IOT dashboard should be capable of analyzing the data and extract the critical information which can be useful in growth and research.
- Data Security: Data security is one of the biggest concerns faced in the era of technology. A successful IoT dashboard is the one that assures the security of data completely without a glitch.
Building an IoT Dashboard
Perform the following steps before creating the IoT dashboard:
- Make a list of components that you want to be displayed on the IoT dashboard.
- Analyze the data collection and processing.
- Select the protocols.
- Select the type of gateways you will use.
- Create a circular structure that includes devices, variables, alerts, and dashboards.
- Select the device which will be connected with the dashboard. It can be anything capable of collecting information.
- Select the network by which the dashboard and device will be connected.
- Pick up a connection type that can be device to device, device to gateway, gateway to data systems, or data systems.
- After performing the above steps, the next task to be processed is to know the components of an IoT dashboard. These components may refer to the data you want to display on the dashboard. It includes various data types such as status, map, camera data, temperature, Date, time, graphics, data analysis graph, bar charts, logs, different values for different attributes, etc.
- After building the IoT dashboard, all you need to do is connect it with the device, set up your brand logo, customize the front end, and make it responsive.
Following the above steps, you can successfully design, develop, and launch your own IoT dashboard where all the data that is collected from the connected device will be stored, organized, analyzed, and secured.
We,at PsiBorg,Iot companies in noida develop customized Best IoT dashboards along with the smart devices as per the client’s requirements.